September 8, 2009
The Journey Begins
We began our trip on Friday in Southern Illinois at the family farm. What was meant to be relaxation turned into two days of hard labor. We built a flagstone patio, dug up a septic system and ran a rotor rooter. Mor fun then pokin' pigs in a barrel! We also enjoyed catching up with everybody at the family reunion.
Andrea and Brent's place in Indianapolis is our last stop in civilization before the camping begins. We have been living it up at their beautiful new house. Brent and Mike built a beer pong table yesterday prior to an awesome Labor Day party.
We now walk (and drive) into the wild.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Nuthin like pokin' pigs! Who needs a barrel when u can just pok'em and listen to them squeel. Mandy, don't let him work you so. Well, safe travels and keep postin I luv it.-Clint
ReplyDeleteps- nomey has made it in 2 pics Hooray! for travel!
Happy travels!! I just hope your little gnome doesn't get carsick on those winding roads out west. Love you bunches!
ReplyDeleteI had a great time with you at my house! :) Have a blast!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm confused enough that Dial is called "Mike" ... now I see that Clint refers to himself as "James"?!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see the gnome enjoys tractors and beer pong. Bon voyage, y'all!
Hi guys! Great to see your blog. Jessie got a job!!!!!!!!!!!! at Daily Dish restaurant in Grassland. :) Remember, don't eat those berries, and if you kill a moose, dry the meat into jerky fast!
ReplyDeleteLuv,
Mom
It was great seeing you at the farm and visiting with you guys. I know everyone enjoyed seeing you at the reunion. I enjoyed our time together and all the help around the farm, especially the work with the roto rooting!!!!! Safe Travels and have a great time. See you in Houston. Dad.
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Nothing like back breaking septic labor followed by a game of beer pong. Jessie and I miss you and want you to come back. As you already know Jess beat me but I have several jobs lined up. Loving he gnome. Sweet family farm by the way. Safe travels friend. Gopher?
ReplyDeleteMandy!!!! The ccu night gang misses you!! Looks like you are haveing lots of fun out in the wild!! : )
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are amazing! I love them. I so wish I was with you, except for the camping part, of course. I remember seeing some of those sites when we were there. Keep safe. Love ya, Mompatti
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are fantastic. They are something tangible to hold on to when you return, however the memories you will have for the rest of your life and they are the real prize. Looks like you are having the time of your lives. Can't wait to hear all of the stories when you get home. Attacked by a heard of donkies? Can't say that has ever happenened to me! Chad
ReplyDelete